Meet the team
The Acorn Foundation exists thanks to the commitment of local people, including staff and volunteer Trustees, Committee members and Ambassadors. If you would like to meet with us, please contact us.
Board of Trustees
The all-volunteer Acorn Foundation Board of Trustees is comprised of up to nine volunteer Trustees.
Our selection process provides a very robust governance model that prevents any individual or group from gaining undue influence over the Board.
Certain tasks are allocated to Acorn’s Committees, but ultimately the Board is responsible for the success of the foundation.
- One Trustee shall be ratified by the Mayor of the Tauranga District Council (or its successor).
- One Trustee shall be ratified by the Mayor of the Western Bay of Plenty District Council (or its successor).
- One Trustee shall be ratified by the President of the Waikato Bay of Plenty Branch of the NZ Law Society.
- One Trustee shall be ratified by the CEO of the Chamber of Commerce Tauranga Region Incorporated.
- One Trustee shall be ratified by the CEO of Priority One Tauranga Moana.
- Up to four Trustees shall be appointed by the Board.
Learn about our people
Meet the Acorn whānau.
Learn more about our Smarter Giving Model
Find out how to make your charitable giving go further.
Learn more about our donors
Meet the community-minded people changing lives.
Learn more about our impact
Find out how Acorn is making a difference.
Learn more about our investment approach
Find out how we manage our fund.