Acorn is on the hunt for a new Marketing and Events Specialist!
The Acorn Foundation is looking for a full-time Marketing superstar to join our small and busy team. A recent staff change to a new role and the foundation’s very rapid growth have led to this opening.
Acorn is a community foundation based in the Western Bay of Plenty, whose purpose is to make an enduring difference in our region by connecting generous people who care with causes that matter. The community foundation model differs from other forms of philanthropy in that generous locals set up endowment funds to support causes that are important to them. We invest the capital and distribute a portion of the investment returns annually, so that charitable organisations receive money forever from our funds. On behalf of our exceptional donors, Acorn has now contributed more than $8.5M to the WBOP since 2003.
Our new Marketing and Events Specialist will be based at The Kollective on 17th Avenue with the rest of our team and will report to the General Manager. We offer a 40 hours per week schedule, which will include evenings, early mornings and some weekends, as necessary. We have flexibility in both the work hours and location as the person filling this role will spend much of his/her time out in the community. The salary for this role will be in the $35-$38/hour range.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Handle function planning and execution for all types of events: donor/supporter, professional advisor, scholarship and award celebrations.
- Manage communications, developing engaging content for social media, website, newsletters and e-communications.
- Manage the agency relationship to develop the marketing and communications strategy and required design work.
- Create the Annual Report, working with the GM, auditor and accountant.
- Raise the awareness of Acorn through effective public relations efforts.
- Represent Acorn at events, celebrations and presentations, increasing our presence across the Western Bay of Plenty region.
Personal attributes desired:
- Present a positive and professional demeanour.
- Exhibit a high level of energy and a passion for the community.
- Ensure a healthy respect for confidentiality and privacy.
- Sensitively work with a diverse group of people, respecting all cultures, religions and backgrounds.
- Work well independently and as part of a team.
- Use personal initiative, follow through on tasks and meet assigned deadlines.
- Pay a high level of attention to detail.
- Exhibit a learning orientation.
- Show an appreciation for, and understanding of, Te Ao Māori.
Technical skills required:
- Exhibit excellent writing and public speaking abilities, with strong editing skills.
- Demonstrate computer literacy—particularly in Microsoft Office Suite, including Powerpoint—and have a good understanding of relevant social media platforms.
- Have experience in managing events for paid or volunteer work.
- Show competence in managing website content, writing press releases and placing advertising in various media mediums.
How to Apply
If you think that this position sounds perfect for you, please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter that highlights your marketing, communications and event planning paid or volunteer experience and describes your interest in the Acorn Foundation to Lori Luke, General Manager of the Acorn Foundation, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for the Acorn Foundation Marketing and Events Specialist position are due no later than 5:00pm on Friday 23 April. All applications will be acknowledged but only the finalists will be interviewed.
For more information about what we do and who we help, check out our website at www.acornfoundation.org.nz or our Facebook page at Facebook.com/AcornFoundation/.