Part-time administration superstar needed
The Acorn Foundation is looking for a part-time administration superstar to join our small and busy team. A recent staff promotion and our rapid growth have led to this opening.
Acorn is a community foundation based in the Western Bay of Plenty, whose mission is to connect generous people who care with causes that matter—forever. The community foundation model differs from other forms of philanthropy in that generous locals set up endowment funds to support causes that are important to them. We invest the capital and distribute a portion of the investment income annually, so that charitable organisations receive money forever from our funds. On behalf of our exceptional donors, Acorn has now contributed more than $6.5M to the WBOP since 2003.
Our new Administration Officer will be based at The Kollective on 17th Avenue with the rest of our team and will report to the General Manager. We offer 18 – 20 hours per week, which must include Wednesdays and Fridays to provide office coverage.
Primary responsibilities include:
- General administration
- Monthly accounts and Xero reconciliation
- Database and electronic file management
- Audit and annual report preparation
- Presentation schedule coordination
- Assistance with physical mailings and functions and events, as required
Personal attributes desired:
- Present a positive and professional demeanour.
- Ensure a healthy respect for confidentiality and privacy.
- Sensitively work with a diverse group of people, respecting all cultures, religions and backgrounds.
- Work well independently and as part of a team.
- Use personal initiative, follow through on tasks and meet assigned deadlines.
- Pay a high level of attention to detail.
- Exhibit a learning orientation.
Technical skills required:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft programmes, particularly Excel and Word
- Previous experience with Xero and on-line banking
- CRM database management
If you think that this position sounds perfect for you, please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter that highlights your work or volunteer experience and describes your interest in Acorn to Lori Luke, General Manager of the Acorn Foundation, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for the Acorn Foundation Administration Officer position are due no later than 5:00pm on Friday 20 September.
For more information about what we do and who we help, check out our website at www.acornfoundation.org.nz or our Facebook page at Facebook.com/AcornFoundation/.