Board of Trustees
The all-volunteer Acorn Foundation Board of Trustees is comprised of up to nine Trustees, of whom:
- One Trustee shall be ratified by the Mayor of the Tauranga District Council (or its successor).
- One Trustee shall be ratified by the Mayor of the Western Bay of Plenty District Council (or its successor).
- One Trustee shall be ratified by the President of the Waikato Bay of Plenty Branch of the NZ Law Society.
- One Trustee shall be ratified by the CEO of the Chamber of Commerce Tauranga Region Incorporated.
- One Trustee shall be ratified by the CEO of Priority One Tauranga Moana.
- Up to four Trustees shall be appointed by the Board.
This selection process provides a very robust governance model that prevents any individual or group from gaining any undue influence over the Board.
Certain tasks are allocated to a range of support Committees, but ultimately, the Board is responsible for the success of the foundation.
Trustee / Chair - Distributions Committee
TRUSTEE / CHAIR - AUDIT, RISK & POLICIES COMMITTEE
Trustee / Audit, Risk & Policies Committee
Trustee / Investment Advisory Committee
Trustee / Distributions Committee
TRUSTEE / Audit, risk & Policies Committee
TRUSTEE / INVESTMENT ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Intern Emerging Director