Board of Trustees
The all-volunteer Acorn Foundation Board of Trustees is comprised of up to nine Trustees, of whom:
- One shall be ratified by the Mayor of Tauranga City Council
- One shall be ratified by the Mayor of Western BOP District Council
- One shall be ratified by the President of the Waikato/Bay of Plenty branch of the NZ Law Society
- One shall be ratified by the Chairperson of the Chamber of Commerce Tauranga Region Inc
- One shall be ratified by the Chairperson of Priority One Tauranga Moana
- Up to four Trustees shall be appointed by the Board
This selection process provides a very robust governance model that prevents any individual or group from gaining any undue influence over the Board.
Certain tasks are allocated to a range of support Committees, but ultimately, the Board is responsible for the success of the foundation.
Trustee/Chair of the Investment Advisory Committee
Trustee/Chair - Distributions & Scholarships Committees
TRUSTEE / CHAIR - AUDIT, RISK & POLICIES COMMITTEE
Trustee / Audit, Risk & Policies Committee
Trustee / Investment Advisory Committee
Trustee / Distributions Committee