Board of Trustees
The all-volunteer Acorn Foundation Board of Trustees is comprised of up to nine Trustees, of whom:
- One is appointed by the Mayor of Tauranga City Council
- One is appointed by the Mayor of Western BOP District Council
- Two are appointed by the Waikato/Bay of Plenty branch of the NZ Law Society
- One is appointed by the Tauranga Chamber of Commerce
- Up to four are appointed by the other Acorn Board Trustees
This selection process provides a very robust governance model that prevents any individual or group from gaining any undue influence over the Board.
Certain tasks are allocated to a range of support Committees, but ultimately, the Board is responsible for the success of the foundation.
Trustee/Chair of the Investment Advisory Committee
Trustee / Audit, Risk & Policies Committee
TRUSTEE/Chair of Audit, Risk & Policies Committee
Trustee/Chair of Distributions Committee
Trustee / Investment Advisory Committee