Acorn Governing Documents
Click here to view the Acorn Foundation Trust Deed.
Click here to view the Acorn Foundation Strategic Plan (2022-2026).
All donations to Acorn that are of a perpetual nature are pooled and invested together in one Fund – although each individual donor fund is tracked separately.
The Fund is currently managed by Craigs Investment Partners, under the authority of the Acorn Foundation Investment Advisory Committee. This means all investment decisions must be approved by the Investment Advisory Committee.
The investment objectives of the Fund are:
- To preserve the nominal value of the Fund, with a preference for maintaining the real value over time;
- To generate sufficient return within the Fund on a rolling annual basis to:
• Cover the administration expenses of the Fund, including the Investment Manager;
• Contribute to the operating expenses of the Foundation; and
• Provide sufficient long term returns to enable the Foundation’s charitable distributions.
- The expected long-run gross return objective of the Fund, based on the asset allocation is 5.2%. Return volatility means this will not be achieved every year, but this is the target on a rolling 5-year basis, measured on weighted average FUM over that period.
The Fund will be managed with a Socially Responsible Investment framework which reflects the Foundation’s Vision.
Click here to view CFNZ Transparency Guidelines.
International Statement of Ethical Principles in Fundraising
Click here to view the International Statement of Ethical Principles in Fundraising.