Tauranga Western Bay Community Event Fund
The Tauranga Western Bay Community Event Fund is a collaboration between Acorn Foundation, Bay Trust, Tauranga City Council, TECT Community Trust and Western Bay of Plenty District Council. The fund provides a streamlined approach to the support of community events taking place in the region. The fund supports events that are community-led, deliver positive social and economic outcomes, and enrich our communities.
See below for further information about this fund.
Please note that this fund runs separately from Acorn’s annual funding round
Event Funding FAQs
The events we fund must
- Be community-driven events that enrich our communities through active participation and inclusion.
- Align with our event funding values and at least one of our priorities.
We prioritise events that:
- Are accessible for the community - free or low-cost entry.
- Encourage participation and have widespread appeal within the community.
- Support a varied community event portfolio.
- Highlight events of cultural and historical significance.
- Engage local volunteers and help develop Tauranga and Western Bay of Plenty’s volunteer workforce.
- Secure a range of income streams through other funding sources.
- Attract visitation and deliver economic benefits.
The maximum grant is $50,000 +GST for events in Tauranga and $15,000 +GST for events in Western Bay of Plenty. The majority of grants issued are in the $10-$12,000 range.
The fund is open for applications from 1 July 2022 for events taking place from 1 September 2022 to 30 June 2023. We recommend applying at least four months prior to your event as the rounds will close when the funds are exhausted. Applications received will be considered on a bi-monthly basis (i.e. every two months). Please follow the funding round timeline below:
|Applications received by:||Decisions released by:|
|31 July 2022||31 August 2022|
|20 September 2022||20 October 2022|
|20 November 2022||20 December 2022|
|20 January 2023||20 February 2023|
Applications received will be considered on a bi-monthly basis (i.e. every two months).