Donation and Privacy Information
All donations made to the Acorn Foundation are non-refundable and no refunds will be issued. If you wish to lodge a dispute, please contact our office within 48 hours of the completion of the donation transaction.
For online donations, the name that will appear on your bank statement is the Acorn Foundation.
Privacy Act 2020
- Acorn Foundation agrees to hold and use all personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020;
- Acorn Foundation has in place appropriate measures to protect personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access;
- Acorn Foundation commits to notify an affected party as soon as practicable (at least within 24 hours) of any unauthorised or accidental access to, or disclosure, alteration, loss or destruction of the affected party’s personal information (privacy breach);
- Acorn Foundation will take all reasonable steps to mitigate any harm arising from a privacy breach, including to contain and remedy its effects.
- If a privacy breach occurs with a supplier or partner, Acorn Foundation will cooperate, provide information and assist the other party to comply with its responsibilities under the Privacy Act 2020.
- This is the website of the Acorn Foundation.
- Our web server automatically recognises each visitor to the site's domain name but not the email address where that is possible.
- We collect the domain name but not the email address of visitors to our website; in addition, we collect aggregate information on which pages are visited and information specifically provided by the visitor, such as survey information or site registrations.
- The information we collect is used to improve the content of our website and it is only disclosed:
- When we are legally required to do so at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation;
- If needed to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our website and applicable laws;
- To protect against misuse or unauthorised use of our website.
- If you have subscribed to our emails but decide that you do not wish to receive emails from us in future, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com or by phone at +64 7 579 9839. Alternatively, unsubscribe links are provided at the end of our emails.
- If you provide your mailing address online, we will only send you information that you have requested.
- If you provide your telephone number online, you will only receive telephone contact from us for the purpose for which the telephone number was supplied.
- Our website is secure and we have appropriate security measures in place in our office to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you online.
If you feel that our website is not following its stated information policy, please contact us.
How to reach us
Our postal address is:
Our physical address is:
145 Seventeenth Avenue
telephone: +64 7 579 9839