Acorn Foundation Beverly Perszyk Scholarship
The Acorn Foundation Beverly Perszyk Scholarship aims to financially assist students who are the first in their family/whānau to undertake full-time undergraduate study, and who are studying at the University of Waikato in Tauranga. Priority will be given to those who are achieving academic success, while personal challenges/hardship may also be taken into consideration.
To be eligible, applicants must also:
- have completed and successfully passed all papers in their first year of study; and
- have completed and successfully passed all papers in the following year(s) of study (if any); and
- be intending to re-enrol full-time (a full-time academic year comprises 120-points) in the following year of an undergraduate degree at the University of Waikato in Tauranga; and
- be accepted into their programme of study; and
- be a New Zealand citizen of permanent resident.
The scholarship has a value of $4,000 and will have a maximum tenure of one year.
In selecting the successful applicant for the scholarship, the Selection Panel will take into particular consideration the applicant’s commitment to succeed at university and to study at the Tauranga Campus.
Applications for the scholarship must be received by the University of Waikato Scholarships Office on the prescribed form by 15 October for study in the same year.