Craigs Investment Partners: Supporting the Bay of Plenty this Christmas
Following the recent launch of Craigs Investment Partners' strategic giving partnership with Community Foundations NZ, the Acorn Foundation has this week distributed $27,000 to six organisations throughout the Western Bay of Plenty. These Christmas donations were made on behalf of Craigs' Tauranga branch and Head Office in lieu of sending Christmas gifts to clients.
This is part of a national gifting programme, with Craigs Investment Partners donating over $150,000 to areas most in need in communities throughout New Zealand, meaning regional charities receive much needed funding at a time of year when many people accessing their services struggle financially and emotionally.
It has been an exciting and hugely gratifying experience to work alongside Craigs in distributing these funds and supporting them in this fantastic philanthropic initiative!
Charities supported in the Bay of Plenty are:
- Empowerment NZ - (Te Puke) Emergency food supplies, free community cafe, social workers/counsellors, financial mentoring, various workshops and programmes.
- Good Neighbour - Food rescue, community gardens, neighbourhood projects, kitchen training and mentoring.
- Awhina House - Safe emergency housing for women, providing wraparound support services, skills and mentoring.
- Tauranga Moana Men's Nightshelter - Providing emergency housing for men, wraparound services including mentoring and budgeting.
- KidsCan - Meeting the physical and nutritional needs of Kiwi kids less fortunate than others; supplying food, clothing and basic healthcare in schools and early childhood education centres.
- St Peter's House - Offering counselling, life skills, debt help, parenting and marriage courses, food bank referrals.