Our Recipient Charities
Age Concern Tauranga
Tel: 07 578 2631
Age Concern Tauranga is a registered charity dedicated to people over the age of 65, carers, and whānau.
Age Concern Provides:
- Support Services - provide advice and support on a wide range of subjects and can refer you to the right service for your needs.
- Opportunities for older people to make social connections by engaging in social activities.
- Visiting Service is a befriending service where a volunteer is matched with an older person who is lonely or socially isolated.
- AgeConnect is an opportunity for those over 65+ to build friendships and community connections.
- Steady as You Go Falls Prevention Programme, teaches gentle exercises to strengthen balance, leg strength and fitness, to reduce falls.
- Health management and educational workshops with a diverse range of speakers and presenters.
- Total Mobility Taxi Scheme – assessing agency.
Age Concern Tauranga has set up a Community Group Fund with the Acorn Foundation. You can help them to grow this fund to ensure that they receive a continuous income stream in the future.