Our Recipient Charities
Cancer Society Waikato/Bay of Plenty
Tel: 0800 22 77 44
The Waikato/Bay of Plenty Cancer Society is dedicated to reducing the incidence of cancer and ensuring the best cancer care for everyone.
- Free support for people with cancer and their whānau, including advice from experienced nurses, transport to treatment, access to counselling and accommodation for people needing treatment far from home.
- Information and resources about cancer.
- Health initiatives and education programmes to help Kiwis reduce their risk of cancer, like the SunSmart accreditation programme for schools and early childhood centres.
- Funding for research into the causes, detection and treatment of cancer.
- Advocacy to reduce cancer in our communities and improve cancer care.
They’re a community-funded charity. Their work is made possible because of the generosity of our communities and the dedication of hundreds of volunteers across the region.