Acorn Foundation Beverly Perszyk Scholarship
The Acorn Foundation Beverly Perszyk Scholarship aims to financially assist students who are the first in their family/whanau to undertake full-time undergraduate study at the University of Waikato in Tauranga, especially those who might have personal challenges, or financial and/or cultural challenges to overcome in order to attend university
To be eligible, applicants must also:
- have completed and successfully passed all papers in their first year of study; and
- have completed and successfully passed all papers in the following year(s) of study (if any); and
- be intending to re-enrol full-time (a full-time academic year comprises 120-points) in the following year of an undergraduate degree at the University of Waikato in Tauranga; and
- be accepted into their programme of study; and
- be a New Zealand citizen of permanent resident.
The scholarship has a value of $3,000 paid over two years.
In selecting the successful applicant for the scholarship, the Selection Panel will take into particular consideration the applicant’s commitment to succeed at university and to study at the Tauranga Campus.
Applications for the scholarship must be received by the University of Waikato Scholarships Office on the prescribed form by 15 October for study in the same year.
Read more about donor Beverly Perszyk
Back to Scholarship and Award Opportunities
2020 winner Jed Melton, who graduated from Te Puke High School and is undertaking a Bachelor of Business degree at the University of Waikato Tauranga Campus.