Age Concern Tauranga
Age Concern Tauranga Inc is a not-for-profit organisation that works for the rights and well-being of older people, informing, advocating and providing services.
Positive ageing is about making the most of the benefits of being older and learning to adapt to life changes. People age well when they contribute and participate in society with respect and support from their families and the community.
Age Concern provides:
- Opportunities for older people to make social connections by engaging in social activities such as walking and coffee groups, minibus outings, and card groups.
- A confidential 24 hour free elder abuse helpline for anyone suffering psychological or emotional abuse by a trusted carer.
- Steady as You Go Falls Prevention Programme, which teaches gentle exercises to strengthen balance, leg strength and fitness, to reduce falls.
- Education and training with a diverse range of speakers and presenters.
- Staying Safe Driver Refresher courses
Age Concern Tauranga has received funding over several years from the Althorp Village Fund, C Toop Fund and A Thorburn Fund.