Te Aranui Youth Trust
Te Aranui Youth Trust inspire and challenge youth at risk to make safe and positive life choices. Most of their programmes are targeted to youths at risk who have been referred by the Police Youth Development Team or the Ministry of Education. Most of these youths have not had the best start in life with many suffering from abuse, neglect, mental health issues and much more.
Te Aranui Youth Trust works closely with NZ Police and Ministry of Education to provide the following programmes:
- School holiday programmes for boys and girls to increase, encourage and support the involvement of youth in community and cultural activities to maximise their potential.
- The Breakfast Club which was established to support at risk youth during the school term,
- Wahine Toa a 12 week college based life skills programme for young women.
- Te Ara Poutama Mentoring Programme which is a Volunteer based programme
- NZ Police Youth Development Team - financial support to help provide interventions to assist youth offenders and also provide staff vehicles
- Blue Light Tauranga where Police engage with youth in the school and community.