More information about Huria Trust here
Tel: (07) 5787838
Huria Trust is a kaupapa Māori, hapū based organisation. Its original purpose was to re-build its whare tīpuna (ancestral house) Tamateapōkaiwhenua at Huria Marae. Since inception, Huria Trust has been committed to the advancement of health, social, education and cultural services to its hapū and the wider community.
Services offered by Huria Trust include Health & Wellbeing, Localised Commissioning of Whanau Ora, Private Training Enterprise (PTE).
- Whanau Ora: Focus on the health needs of the whanau and/or individual and including health promotion.
- Koroua/Kuia, Pakeke: Support and improve the overall wellbeing of kaumātua through a range of activities, education, health checks and social interaction.
- Day Program focus on health & wellbeing, socialization.
- Disabilities Information Advocacy Service: focus on whanau presenting with disability issues.
- Kaupapa Maori Antenatal Program: ‘Hei Tiki Pumau’ focus on pregnant mama and their whānau, through education and hands on learning and knowledge.
- General Health Assessment Clinic: focus is on regular General health checks and referrals onto GP’s and Specialist, for whanau.
EDUCATION & TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES:
Education and training - Huria Trust is a registered PTE and is accredited with a range of qualifications and Unit Standards, and programmes. These can be viewed on their website.
WHANAU ORA LOCAL COMMISSIONING:
Working with Hapū Whanau and/or Individuals to design & develop their self-assessed goals & aspirations.